The device is intended for extraction of target organic substances from liquid and solid samples. Implements a new method of sample preparation in chemical analysis -extraction freezing and centrifugation EFC (RF Patent No. 2303476/2007, No. 2564999/2015; international application PCT/RU2015/000615). Field of application-hydrochemistry, chemical and toxicological analysis, biochemistry, food research, etc.
Photo: Cryoextractor EFC-2
The main advantages and important qualities of the method of extraction freezing with centrifugation of EFC (RF Patent №2564999/2015) in comparison with existing extraction methods:
- the degree of concentration and efficiency of extraction of organic compounds from water is superior to traditional liquid extraction
- enables the use hydrophilic, water-soluble extractants without additional chemical modification of the sample;
- the resulting extracts do not contain water and dispersed particles, even when using acetonitrile moisture content less than 4%);
- allows substances to be extracted from highly contaminated, dispersed systems directly without any additional operations (e.g. filtering);
- use instead of liquid and solid-phase extraction, including QuEChERS, can significantly improve economic performance, significantly minimizing the amount of extractant and chemical utensils;
- indispensable in the study of thermolabile organic substances, as well as favorable in order to improve working conditions and safety, because it significantly reduces the volatility of toxic solvents and extractable substances;
- obtained acetonitrile extracts are compatible with reversed-phase HPLC regime;
- in the study of biological samples in combination with GC-MS significantly reduces the amount of endogenous co-extractive substances, significantly improving the identification conditions, reducing the contamination of the MS-detector and increases the period of its operation between the phases of required maintenance service;
- control of selectivity of the extraction based on the variation of extractant, pH environment and the conditions of the EFC procedure implementation.
- The temperature range of the extraction freezing with centrifugation from - (minus)) 28 to +25°C.
- Frequency of rotation of the rotor with the possibility of mode programming is 100-8000 rpm./min
- Split factor up to 6600 g
- Power supply of the cryoextractor from AC 220 V, 50 Hz
- Power consumption, not more than 0.3 kWt
- Weight of cryoextractor not more than 50 kg
- Overall dimensions (HxWxD), mmhmmhmm not more than 900x600x600
- The number of simultaneously extractable samples (under order)